Madison Mycological Society is a Wisconsin Unincorporated Nonprofit Association founded in February, 2018. The mission of MMS is as follows:
- Foster greater appreciation and knowledge of fungi through public outreach
- Advance the scientific study of fungi through citizen science
- Promote natural resources stewardship and conservation efforts
- Provide a mycological resource for community members in Madison and beyond
As a community-oriented, knowledge-sharing space, MMS strives to be inclusive and welcoming to individuals of all levels of experience and walks of life. Please review our bylaws for information on our organization and policies.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors consists of volunteers elected by MMS members. Elections are held annually before the end of the year.
- Sean Gere (2023)
- Porter Reim (2022-2023)
- Jessica Ross (2020-2023)
- Kathleen Thompson (2019-2023)
- Andrew Turner (2018-2023)
- Stan Hudson (2021-2023)
Past MMS Board Members
- Hawthorn McCracken (2018-2022)
- Harvey Eustice (2020-2022)
- Daniella Echeverria (2019-2021)
- Nick Zaborek (2020)
- Drew Pulvermacher (2019-2020)
- Jesse Ransom (2020)
- Ameera Khan (2020)
- Nora Dunkirk (2018-2020)
- Julie Persin (2018-2019)
- Alden Dirks (2018-2019)
- Isabelle George (2018-2019)
- Molly Crickman (2018)
MMS is proud to have supported other organizations dedicated to outdoor recreation and nature appreciation.
For an updated list of past donatees , please follow this link.