Madison Mycological Society is a Wisconsin Unincorporated Nonprofit Association founded in March, 2018. The mission of MMS is as follows:
- Foster greater appreciation and knowledge of fungi through public outreach
- Advance the scientific study of fungi through citizen science
- Promote natural resources stewardship and conservation efforts
- Provide a mycological resource for community members in Madison and beyond
As a community-oriented, knowledge-sharing space, MMS strives to be inclusive and welcoming to individuals of all levels of experience and walks of life. Please review our bylaws for information on our organization and policies.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors consists of volunteers elected by MMS members. Elections are held annually in the fall.
- President – Alden Dirks (2018-2019)
- Vice president – Nora Duncritts (2018-2019)
- Secretary – Julie Persin (2018-2019)
- Treasurer – Drew Pulvermacher (2019)
- Graphic Design Director – Daniella Echeverria (2019)
- Outreach and Inclusion Director – Hawthorn McCracken (2018-2019)
- Digital Media Director – Andrew Turner (2018-2019)
- Citizen Science Director – Isabelle George (2018-2019)